Each Friday, I feature an activity that was inspired by another blog. I worked with Roopa from Putti Prapancha for The Heart Project eBook, a compilation of over 70 bloggers’ heart images to inspire ideas for Valentine activities for kids and fundraiser for the American Heart Association. I was instantly drawn to the simplicity and beauty of the Heart Tree she included in the eBook. I thought it would make a lovely Valentine’s decoration for our home, and it would be a project Miss E could accomplish.
-foam heart and flower stickers
-piece of cardboard
-green construction paper
- Trace child’s hand and lower arm onto construction paper.
- Cut out the hand/arm print.
- Glue onto a piece of cardboard.
- Arrange stickers around the fingers to look like leaves on a tree.
- Trace child’s hand four times onto construction paper.
- Cut out hand prints.
- Cut out long stem from green construction paper.
- Arrange four hand prints in circular pattern on top of the stem and glue down.
- Arrange stickers around the handprints to make a flower.